[Webchange-list] Status Report

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 18:56:58 BST 2008

Ron. Briscoe <ron.briscoe at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <gemini.jzsme8000l1j903o8.vince at softrock.co.uk>,
>    Vince M Hudd <vince at softrock.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [Snip hard work bits.]
>
> > Either it's on the other laptop (on which I had VRPC), or it's on
> > the RiscPC in the loft. I'll look on the laptop tomorrow and, with
> > a bit of luck, I might just be able to release a beta version
> > tomorrow night.
>
> You are a hero! :-)),

Not quite... I zipped up a suitable version of WebChange this morning,
and I've now located the user database.

However, with my (new) hosts, it seems I have to enter the username
and password for each user individually via my control panel, rather
than upload in one go as I've been able to do before:

(Having logged in and navigated to the relevant page...)

1. Click 'new user'
2. Enter user name
3. Enter password
4. Enter password again
5. Enter full name
6. Select the directory this user can access
7. Click "add" to add the directory to the list
8. (Wait for that to happen and the page to refresh)
9. Click "Save"
10. Wait for page to refresh to a confirmation
11. Click "Go to overview"
12. Wait for that page to appear
13. GOTO 1

It's not so bad if adding one or two new users here and then, but for
the existing user base it's very tedious - I've got as far as those
who's (first) names begin with f (because my database is ordered by
username, rather than real name) and I'm now going to leave it for a
while (ie until some time next week) before I add the next batch.

--
Vince M Hudd
Soft Rock Software