[Webchange-list] Status Report

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 20:34:56 BST 2008

Vince M Hudd <vince at softrock.co.uk> wrote:

As a further update...

> 3) The 'file updates' feature, which inserts the dates of files,
>    doesn't yet handle directories (wherein it returns the date of
>    the most recent file). This is a fairly simple bit of
>    programming, and I only missed it out to save time; I just wanted

>    to get the basic date inclusion sorted.

...I spotted a bug in the updates code tonight: it only truly updated
the file if the /last/ update (or size of file) tag in the file was
changed. If the last one didn't change, the internal flag that
indicated a changed file wasn't set. Oops.

While fixing that, I added the directory scanning code - so now the
FileUpdates tags will work with directories and "ThisDir" by returning
the date of the most recently changed file in the specified directory.

Thinking about it, with that done, there's probably enough complete
and - seemingly - stable and working that I could release a beta to
existing users as it stands.

In order to do so, I'll have to set up the passworded users section of
the site again - which does mean I need to access my users database,
which (looking as I type this) I can't see on the Iyonix hard drive.

Either it's on the other laptop (on which I had VRPC), or it's on the
RiscPC in the loft. I'll look on the laptop tomorrow and, with a bit
of luck, I might just be able to release a beta version tomorrow
night.

--
Vince M Hudd
Soft Rock Software