[Webchange-list] Am I the only WebChasnge User Left?

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 14:21:41 BST 2008

Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> In article <gemini.jzqp7m000j3cc03yw.vince at softrock.co.uk> Vince M
> Hudd  wrote:

> > Quadrupelly so from my POV, given that it means I won't be selling
> > it - and therefore won't be recouping the costs involved in
> > attending the show.

> [snip] Can't you take 'pre-orders' or something?

> Presumably you have something to show people to let them see how
> great it is, so you can say 'part with your cash & I'll send it to
> you soon!'

I suppose the only thing stopping me is that it's not something I'm
keen on doing. I'd much prefer that if someone hands me money, I hand
them something tangible/usable in return, rather than a mere promise.

(And let's face it - people in the RISC OS community can quite rightly
be wary of handing money over now for something in return later, even
though the cases where that situation has gone pear shaped have been
over expensive hardware, rather than cheap software.)

Meanwhile, the dentist beckons...

--
Vince M Hudd
Soft Rock Software