[Webchange-list] Am I the only WebChasnge User Left?

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 19:40:34 BST 2008

Ron. Briscoe <ron.briscoe at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <gemini.jzqlq5000fef70418.vince at softrock.co.uk>,
>    Vince M Hudd <vince at softrock.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Is the 32bit WebChange ready?

> > No. :p

> Drat and double drat :-(.

Quadrupelly so from my POV, given that it means I won't be selling it
- and therefore won't be recouping the costs involved in attending the
show.

I had planned to do during that month the programming work on
WebChange that I've been doing this month (an incomplete month, given
that the show is part way through it). March also had the benefit of a
long weekend thanks to Easter. I'd been very careful to ensure my time
was free for the purpose in the run up to March. (I normally have
quite a bit of work to do at home.)

Had that happened, I would probably have had a beta version out by
now, and would have been writing the manual *and preparing CDs to
sell* at the show (subject to the seriousness of any problems reported
with the beta).

However, one of my regular/main clients approached me for an invoicing
program written to suit the requirements of his new venture/spin off
company. Which I thought wasn't going to be happening for a good few
months. Having listened to what he wanted, I said yup, no problem, and
figured that taking into account everything else I have to do, I could
write it over the course of a month-ish in my spare time. Which,
again, I thought would be later in the year.

He then dropped the bombshell that he'd already set the company up,
and wanted it to be trading (and therefore have the invoicing
software) by the 1st April - this crucial piece of information I was
told on Friday the 29th of February.

So March didn't happen as far as WebChange is concerned; I couldn't
devote as much time to it this month as I would have been able to in
March.

C'est la vie.

--
Vince M Hudd