[Virtualacorn-list] Windows 10 update warning

Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 14:32:22 GMT 2020

On 2 Feb 2020  Dave via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <19d2f93b58.pnyoung at pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>,
>    Peter Young via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> On my RISCBook Go Windows 10 offered me Windows update K4532695, and I
>> installed this. It turned off ShareFS on my VRPC install. As I need the
>> RISCBook go next week as I'm away, I uninstalled this update, and now
>> ShareFS is working again.

>> Beware of this update!

>> Best wishes,

>> Peter.

> Interesting.

Tanks, Dave, and for the off-list copy.

> Sorry to hear of your problem Peter. (Don't forget to recheck the Win side
> network Sharing).

Now, where would I need to do that? I can find my way reliably round RISC
OS, but the way Windows works is largely a mystery to me.

> My Win10 Pro 64 bit Desktop computer recently updated and installed
> KB4532695, I didn't and still don't have any RISC OS ShareFS problem.

> VRPC-DL RISC OS 6.20

> Nor were there any RISC OS ShareFS problems when my Lap/Notebook Win10
> Home 64 bit update and installed KB4532695

> Again VRPC-DL and RISC OS 6.20

That's all good, but as I will need my RISCBook Go when we go away
tomorrow I won't have time to look into what happened with that update.
I'll have another go when I'm back.

> Dave

> Aside. "B" missing from the update version you quoted. ;-)

Indeed; I thought that something was missing.

Best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc Hg) and family