[Virtualacorn-list] error message

Martin styleguide at avisoft.f9.co.uk
Wed Apr 15 17:50:33 BST 2020

On 15 Apr in article
<24c7a722-a610-7172-e55b-6871f7101ae9 at lumps.co.za>,
   Brian Lombard via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:

> I am new to this group.

Hello and welcome.

> I use VA on five (I think) computers, at work and at home, but
> this is the first time that I have encountered the error message
> "Internal error: abort on data transfer at &0391E544".

That is a low-level generic problem that indicates that an (emulated)
ARM processor instruction at that address has tried to access memory
that it cannot.

Before anyone can help, some more details might be useful to start:
- What were you doing at the time?
- What happens after the error?
- If you repeat the action does the error recur?
- What version of VA were you using?
- What version of RISC OS were you using?
- What OS is VA running under?
- Has anything changed since it last worked?

> It's come at a bad time, while we are on lockdown, though I am
> fortunate that I have a Pi3 linked to the defaulting laptop.

How does the Pi3 help?
Can it access the VA 'discs' through ShareFS?

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a TiMachine running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader