[Virtualacorn-list] HostFS extensions

Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
Sun Apr 26 13:56:41 BST 2020

I know that I should know the answer to this, and if someone can remind me
of the answer I promise faithfully to to record it.

I have this ARMX6 and two installations of VRPC on W10 computers, one a
full-size RISCBook which essentially acts as my main Windows machine for
things that RISC OS can't do, and a RISCBook Go which I mainly use when
I'm away (blessed memories!).

Yesterday I discovered that on the RISCBook all my gpx and OPro files
suddenly appeared as text, and it seems that some gremlin had deleted the
majority of the HostFS extensions. I've been able to restore the vital
ones, some from memory and some from manually copying them over from the
RISC Book Go.

I'm sure there should be  a backup file of these extensions, but I can't
find it. Is there one, and if so, where should it be?

Lots of gratitude to anyone who can let me know, and ideas would be
appreciated as to why these extensions should have vanished.

Best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc Hg) and family