[Virtualacorn-list] Failed to create primary surface.

Dave dave at triffid.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 16:02:10 GMT 2019

In article <775d061a58.barry.punchard at barry.gmail.com>,
   Barry Punchard via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> On 27 Nov          virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk wrote:

> > Footnote...
> >
> > I did eventually find time to test various screen saver sets and all of
> > them, even the simplest, caused VRPC to produce a "Failed to create
> > primary surface." error.
> >
> > Keep the screen saver Off and the Ftcps goes away.
> >
> > That's all folks...
> > Dave
> >
> For me it is something different which causes 'ftpcs' 100% of the time. I
> am using RISCOS Adjust 4.39, VRPC Adjust-SA, ARM7500.

> When VRPC is in a window (and sometimes when not), Ctrl, Alt, Delete to
> bring up the Win7 Task Manager, always leads this fault. A Windows error
> ping sounds. VRPC is still running, but RISCOS is crashed.

> Barry

Indeed Barry,
I was footnoting the specific problem with Fay's VRPC Adjust-SA.

My VRPC-DL doesn't get uppity when the screen saver kicks in, but there is
a different circumstance when I do get it... Which I obviously try to
avoid.  :-)

But as we know, there's a variety of other ways to get a Ftcps... Shame
something can't be done about it, but from my reading online, there are
often other Win only apps that have the Ftcps problem.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid