[Virtualacorn-list] Failed to create primary surface.

Dave dave at triffid.co.uk
Thu Nov 14 07:43:20 GMT 2019

[Snip everything including (OO)]

**We *don't* have hibernation active...**

With a bit of testing, I think the problem with this particular VRPC has
been found, but of course only time will tell.  ;-)

(Maybe he should have Crossbow bolted a clock from his sons head rather
than an apple...)

Sorry, random thought intruded...

Yesterday after considering the nature of the Failed to create primary
surface, which also happens to some Windows apps, I did a few things one
of which has resulted in a all the VRPC sessions tried since then...
running without any Ftcps actions happening.

Dave

Oh! I suppose you want me to tell you?  :-)

Clue, on that machine one of the most common times the Ftcps happened was
when the machine was left running but not in use, when away for a cup 'o
tea, or a bite to eat, or using another machine for a while.

What then is one of the most likely things to happen that will change the
windows state and confuse an app...

On that machine I completely switched off the screensaver.

Robert is yer fathers brother...

Later today, if I can find time I'll switch it back on with a much simpler
saver, rather than the complex rotating 3d graphic loaded old one, and see
what happens.

D.

--

Dave Triffid