[Virtualacorn-list] Failed to create primary surface.

Dave dave at triffid.co.uk
Wed Nov 13 21:13:56 GMT 2019

In article <f86f6b1258.pnyoung at pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>,
   Peter Young via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk>
wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2019  Dave via Virtualacorn-list
> <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:

> > Evening folks, The old PITA. "Failed to create primary surface" has
> > raised its ugly head a few too many times recently on one of our VRPC
> > installs a VRPC-AdjustSA.

> > Did anyone ever find a solution to this !*&*%$£ nuisance?

> When I get this it's because I have inadvertently done an extra
> double-click on running VRPC and am trying to run two VRPCs
> simultaneously. It's the second of these that causes the error, and I
> have to find this one and shut it down by using the close icon.

> HTH,

> Best wishes,

> Peter.

Ah well, methink the word I need is misunderstanding...  ;-)

As a very long time user of Virtual Acorns starting with the A5000 (I
think... Long time ago) through various incarnations of Virtual RPC I'm
acutely aware of the various things that will action a "Failed to create
primary surface" arrival on screen.

What I'm after is some method to stop the !*&*%$£ thing from happening in
the first place?

If someone, suggests stop using a Virtual and get a real hardware RISC OS
machine, I'll not be responsible for the Grumpmaster getting out of
confinement.  ;-)

Has nobody at the coding end of VRPC ever addressed this problem?

But, thanks Peter and Alan for the input, appreciated.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid