[Virtualacorn-list] New Windows 10

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Nov 9 15:52:20 GMT 2019

In article <57d6242057j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk>, John
McCartney via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <57d5979b89j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk>, John
> McCartney via Virtualacorn-list
> <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:

> > > by not being seen by the update  system, have you
> > > actually gone to settings > updates and looked down
> > > the window - the updates does not appear as part of
> > > the windows update section, but further down as an
> > > option update.

> > Thanks for that last suggestion, Chris. I'll check the
> > next time I get access.

> I've checked and there's no option update.

> We've decided to let things ride for the time being. If
> Microsoft thinks her laptop needs an update we'll deal
> with it. Until then, things will stay as they are for,
> say, the next month. After that, we'll think again.

Not being much given to thought...

Well, today 1903 is in the process of installing - nearly 4
months since I posted the above and 6 months after its
launch.

Sodd's Law applies. I noticed it announcing its
availability while connecting up SWIMBO's laptop to the
television (because she was going to give a presentation to
ladies of a like-minded persuasion). I swiftly killed its
network connection because I just knew that Microsoft would
look for the most inconvenient time to install.

No doubt there will be glitches to deal with but we'll
cross those bridges when we come to them.

John

--
John McCartney
j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk