[Virtualacorn-list] Incompatible host

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Fri Mar 1 12:53:57 GMT 2019

In article <578d9c3435cvjazz at waitrose.com> Chris Newman via Virtualacorn-list  wrote:
[snip]
> Have some of you out there run VA somewhere outside the C disc or am I
> alone?
It depends whether you mean where does VRPC itself run from or where do the
HDDs live?

I believe later versions of Windows doesn't like VRPC running from Programs -
something about it being a protected environment? So my VRPC is in
C:\VirtualAcorn .

The HDDs 4 & 5 can, in theory, be pretty much anywhere. Andrew & I had a
discussion about this when he was building my new RISCube3. Both mine are in
Documents because this folder is backed up every day to a NAS.

These VRPC HDDs are also backed up to an external USB drive via SafeStore
AND again via Windows. The Windows USB version is used when I'm away on
holiday plugged in to my laptop.

I used to run VRPC from the same USB drive (E:), but this caused problems
because depending what it was plugged in to meant, of course, that a
different authorisaton code was needed for VRPC to run.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Acorn Desktop windows LONG before MS Windows was developed