[Virtualacorn-list] Incompatible host

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Thu Feb 28 23:12:53 GMT 2019

In article <578da259a5styleguide at avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
   Martin via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> On 28 Feb in article <578d9c3435cvjazz at waitrose.com>,
>    Chris Newman via Virtualacorn-list
> <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> > Have some of you out there run VA somewhere outside the C disc or
> > am I alone?

> Yes. On my Win10pro laptop I have a drive letter (but only a single
> disc) dedicated to 'RISC OS stuff' - eg VRPC, RPCEMU, BBC4W, BBCSDL,
> each in subfolders.

> I have had no problems with VRPC in the years since I moved it there
> - although I do not run Sibelius, and indeed VRPC is only generally
> used when I am away or for testing.

Ah! So there's at least two of us.  Solidarity brother!
I moved my VA from the C drive to a partition ages ago everything worked
flawlessly, even Sibelius.
The only problem was I was running out of space. That was my own fault as
Transient was set to save everything for ever & anyway it would be simple to
extend the partition.
After the various warnings (see upthread) I decided to put it back on the C
drive & it worked for a while but has now gone pear shaped.
If it's there, I can break it!!

--
Chris