[Virtualacorn-list] Incompatible host

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Thu Feb 28 21:00:42 GMT 2019

In article <578d94e99acvjazz at waitrose.com> Chris Newman via Virtualacorn-list
wrote:
> Thanks for that Robert but it didn't work. Delving into my own backup & the
> backupp that came with the m/c from Rcomp, the Models file has
I assume you looked in the correct model dir' for the version you want to
run? There could be up to three. Each will have its own Model.cfg which /may/
refer to your required HD4, but most likely won't if you've not used the
other two.

> mount0 = "HardDisc4 'HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"
This, I believe, refers to the default HD4 that resides in the same dir' as
the Model.cfg file, which is why it doesn't have a full path...

> and that had been working so presumably something else changed.
...so if yours is elsewhere it won't work. As Dave S. has said, you need to
ensure the HD4 in Model.cfg is pointing to the full path of that file.

The quickest way to correct this is to run VRPC, which will fail, of course,
with that error. However, it should have opened the VRPC window.

So click on Tools->Options from the menu bar
Select the Hostfs tab
Click on HardDisk4 and use the browse button near the bottom to find your HD4
in the standard Windows filer.

I think you need to click Add once the full path is showing to save it.

HTH
--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Love is grand, but divorce is at least a hundred grand.