[Virtualacorn-list] Incompatible host

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 18:01:31 GMT 2019

In article <578d7bb70acvjazz at waitrose.com>,
   Chris Newman via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,

> Having had to purge my laptop of a trojan & do lots of clean ups, my VA
> won't boot reporting "Incompatible host". Configuring filesystem from
> boot shows HostFS is selected. Exiting to desktop shows a HardDisc4 icon
> but selecting that shows it not found yet I can see it from the Windows
> side & the VA installation looks intact. I've re-set the CMOS from the
> install disc with no improvement. Can someone remind me what to try next
> please.

> --
> Chris

Win side open the VRPC dir.
Open the "Models" dir.
Open up the Version (jit) dir. you are using.
Put the Model.cfg file in a text editor, make sure you have a suitable
mount line that point at the correct place.

Mine is pasted below as an example.

mount0 = "HardDisc4 'C:\Apps\VirtualRPC-DL620\HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"

Re-save and Robert...

Dave

--

Dave Triffid