[Virtualacorn-list] / Muview

Jim Nagel vatory at abbeypress.co.uk
Mon Apr 1 01:14:53 BST 2019

Jim Nagel wrote:
>> I downloaded and installed this on my ArmX6 (5.25 2018-apr-25) just now,
>> merging the supplied !Boot as instructed in the !Help file.
>>
>> Doubleclicking !Muview gives an error:
>>      Can't load library 'libjpeg.so.62'

Steffen Huber via Virtualacorn-list  wrote on 31 Mar:
> See this thread on ROOL forum
> https://www.riscosopen.org/forum/forums/2/topics/13251?page=1

Hmmm.  Couldn't find any clue there.  But then it occurred to me to hunt
inside !Boot.Resources.!Sharedlibs for a file of similar name.  I found
     !SharedLibs.lib.abi-2/0.vfp.libjpeg/so/62/2/0  (359K, type ELF)
and simply made a copy of it with the "/2/0" omitted from the name -- and
that seems to do the trick.  !Muview now loads and displays a PDF I tried.

Could the "/2/0" suffix perhaps be something like a version number that
the author forgot to omit before publishing?  (I'm ignorant.)

--
Jim Nagel                                www.archivemag.co.uk