[Virtualacorn-list] Boot problem

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Sat Jun 30 16:25:09 BST 2018

In article
<20180628215623.C36B421D7A at outbound-queue-adx-1.mail.thdo.gradwell.net>,
   Gavin Crawford via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk>
wrote:
> I've had the same thing happen on a number of occasions when my pc hasn't
> shut down properly. It's the cmos ram file that is corrupt. On your install
> CD there should be a utility to reset the cmos ram. That should fix things.
> Gavin.

Hi Jolly Chums,

Found that utility on the install CD & ran it. Doesn't need the password key.
All is now restored. Many thanks to all. I'll do a better job of backups now
(honest).

It took a while to get A Round Tuiit as I have been taking advantage of the
hot weather & doing some repairs to our ancient conservatory wood work. Dig
out a bit, fill a bit, paint a bit. Then there's the ages you have to wait
for things to set & dry. What fun. I had to replace some ancient hinges. The
originals were packed out with pieces cut from a Wills Woodbine fag packet
(anyone remember them). Chiselit, Bodgit & Leggit had obviously cut the holes
too big. Modern hinges are slightly bigger than the originals & the screw
holes don't line up. More filling & sanding. Hey ho!

--
Chris