[Virtualacorn-list] Boot problem

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Thu Jun 28 22:28:40 BST 2018

Hello folks,

The VA on my netbook has ceased to function correctly due to a power failure
i.e. Billy Muggins here pulled the mains out, forgetting the battery was not
in. Duh!!!.
Windows 10 recovered but VA won't boot. I get the error message  An error
occurred  during Boot. File '&.!Boot' not found.
I can use the green page Boot menu & exit to desktop. Everything is painfully
slow & the pointer stutters dreadfully. However !Boot is there on the Hard
Disc.
Should I
a) Start from scratch & re-install the whole thing (Will my original unlock
key still apply?).
b) Drag over a !Boot from the original disc.

Any thoughts?

--
Chris