[Virtualacorn-list] Shutdown problem VRPC and Windows

Brian bbailey at argonet.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 10:29:42 BST 2018

In article <571cc36083dave at triffid.co.uk>, Dave Symes via
Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone else here has encountered this problem.

> Fay's computer is running Win 7 Pro and VRPC-Adjust SA and for the most
> part no particular problems. However occasionally on shutting down VRPC
> using either the Switcher Menu "Shutdown" or Ctrl+Shift+F12 VRPC shuts
> down, then the monitor screen goes black and that's it, as it seems to
> be frozen in that state.

> No mouse pointer, no keyboard action from a three fingered salute...
> Nada.

> Press and hold the front power switch on the computer to force a power
> off is the only exit from this freeze state.

> Worth noting, the W7 PC itself never has any trouble booting up or legit
> closing down, the above noted only happens occasionally when exiting
> VRPC.

> Any thoughts please.

Not sure that this is the slightest bit of help, Dave, but I have noticed
some variability in the time 'lag' between changing from VRPC screen to
Win 7 screen on shutdown. It certainly isn't instantaneous.

Conversely, on VRPC startup from Win 7 I have had a 'seized' black screen,
once or twice I believe, that I reported some time back. Just had to get
rough with a reset boot from the power switch.

Graphics card/memory problem perhaps? Dunno? Just a wild guess!

Best wishes

Brian