[Virtualacorn-list] Multiple recipients

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 17:07:00 BST 2018

In article
<53160.91.85.218.30.1532098121.squirrel at email.orpheusnet.co.uk>,
   Bob Ardler via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> John McCartney wrote: re:
> >> !NetFetch and !Messenger sit where Andrew's team put
> >> them on the pinboard, but to email we just NetSurf
> >> webmail, log in & do it all on Netsurf.

> > That'll be why your e-mails look a mess when viewed (in
> > my case) on Pluto. The threading is broken and quoting
> > is discontinuous. In order to compose this reply, I've
> > had to extensively edit your last email to make it more
> > easily readable.

> Well, same here with many others' emails.
> (Broken-threading and continuous-quoting are terms beyond
> my ken.)

Ok. If this list accepts attachments, I'll take a snapshot
of what your e-mail looks like in Pluto so that you  can
see the problems.

Does the list accept attachments?

> >> [...] group with 32ish members put 32ish addressees in
> >> Cc, not Bcc. Most of them also quote in full
> >> (including each Cc) every previous message on the
> >> topic. Could be [...] caused by [...] smart phones on
> >> the move being unable to do the fiddly bits.

> > Your use of NetSurf and webmail doesn't seem to be able
> > to cope with the fiddly bits either. It would help
> > somewhat if you separated paragraphs with a double
> > return instead of just indenting the first line. I've
> > had to do that before getting Pluto to reformat so that
> > your last two paragraphs don't end up as one.

> OK, indent bad, double return good now added to
> goodmanners.

Splendid! Old dogs, new tricks eh, what?

> Yonks ago Paul Vigay said no more Pluto, webmail now, use
> your browser.

Despite his many good points, Paul was (in my opinion)
quite wrong in this matter. I only use web-mail in extremis.

> Hence the NetSurfing, as the RiscOS FireFox doesn't work
> here and Webster pages have weird layout. Andrew made
> NetFetch pop up on RiscOS entry with multiple options
> needing study & practice, so am sticking with the simple
> way. Didn't realize it rattles Pluto.

> Er, typed this days ago & clicked Save Draft instead of
> Send. Dementia rules.

I would have answered straight away but my Virgin Media Hub
suffered a terminal decline last Tuesday and, due to lack
of communication by VM, has only just been replaced this
afternoon.

John

--
John McCartney