[Virtualacorn-list] Multiple recipients threadcut

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Sun Jul 22 23:34:29 BST 2018

In article <7e4cd432-da5c-4acb-30e4-6b78a5959d5a at dotcodotukat.co.uk>,
   Vince M Hudd via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk>
wrote:
> On 22/07/18 11:04, Bob Ardler via Virtualacorn-list wrote:

> > Sadly, the message from Paul Vigay (or successor?) and argonet was
> > quite clear: webmail from now on.

> In all honesty, I'd be absolutely amazed if Paul said anything of the
> sort - and I can't see Richard Brown (who now runs Orpheus) suggesting
> something like that, either. Orpheus has always included mailboxes
> accessed in the normal way as part of the service.

> I strongly suspect that you've misunderstood something that one of them
> has said.

I concur. Knowing Paul Vigay well here in Portsmouth he was fanatical about
cyber safety & always preferred downloading his mail to his machine(s) rather
than using the web.

I use Pluto on a RiscPC at home & Virtual Acorn when I'm away & that includes
being on the other side of the world. When in foreign parts I log into
webmail once so they know where I genuinely am & stop pestering me about
safety then it's back to Pluto & Netfetch. I only check my accounts on the
web now & again to check they haven't put something I really needed in the
junk folder. I use PoP3 & set Netfetch to delete messages from the server
after downloading. If you want a belt & braces approach you can leave them on
the web to be reviewed later or downloaded to another device. What's not to
like.

--
Chris