[Virtualacorn-list] Multiple recipients

Bob Ardler ardler at argonet.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 09:57:36 BST 2018

Jim Nagel wrote:
re:
>> What is MPro?
> [...]
> MPro is Messenger Pro, the email and news client application sold by
R-Comp.  I think there's a version for Windows too (someone will correct
me if I'm wrong).
     Ah, bell should have rung.
> The older version was called Messenger.  The original authors are Mark
Sawle and Tom Hughes.
> The other main news and email client app for RiscOS is Pluto.
     Plot thickens. !NetFetch and !Messenger sit where Andrew's team put
them on the pinboard, but to email we just NetSurf webmail, log in &
do it all on Netsurf. (NetFetch pops up on entering RiscOS from
Windows, offering stuff which would require study to use.) One misses
Pluto's style and versatility, but learning how to use it with webmail
seems too much bother.
     As to multiple recipients, our local environment discussion
group with 32ish members put 32ish addressees in Cc, not Bcc. Most
of them also quote in full (including each Cc) every previous message
on the topic. Could be that this apparent goofitude is caused by
people using smart phones on the move being unable to do the fiddly
bits. Could the messages Vince spotted have come from phones?
--
Bob