[Virtualacorn-list] Multiple recipients

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 15:55:03 BST 2018

In article <66d26b1657.jim at 6.abbeypress.net>, Jim Nagel via
Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk>
wrote:
> Bob Ardler via Virtualacorn-list  wrote on 12 Jul:
> > Jim Nagel, Vince M Hudd and others wrote:
> >> [...] MPro [...]

> > What is MPro?

> Sorry: it's one of my own pet peeves that people write
> abbreviations at first mention, forgetting that some
> not-yet-familiar readers might appreciate a spelling-out.

This is exactly what is done (in what used to be called)
Service Writing (SW). SW is the way written communications
are made (or should be made) in the armed forces and civil
service.

When I was in the RAF, all that one needed to know about SW
was contained in a Joint Service Publication (JSP) entitled
JSP 101.

Things move on and the topic is now known as Defence
Writing. Note that, having mentioned it in full, I haven't
put its abbreviation in parentheses. This is because I'm
not going to mention it again and the abbreviation would be
redundant.

John

--
John McCartney