[Virtualacorn-list] Multiple recipients

Paul Sprangers p.sprangers at sprie.nl
Thu Jul 12 11:09:59 BST 2018

> Those of us foolish enough to gain an Msc in CompSci in 1972 know less
> about computing than today's average 6-year-old

I don't know how foolish a Msc in CompSci in 1972 is, but I think that
the computing skills of 6-year-olds is largely overestimated. Yes, they
know exactly which buttons need to be pressed to make their favourite
game appear, but I wonder if that should be entitled as 'computer
skill'. Even most of the *16*-year-olds, who spend more time on their
phones (and computers) than me in my lifetime, are completely helpless
if something goes wrong. But I digress...

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers