[Virtualacorn-list] Multiple recipients

Jim Nagel vatory at abbeypress.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 16:03:07 BST 2018

Vince M Hudd via Virtualacorn-list  wrote on 4 Jul:

> On 04/07/2018 10:39, Jeremy Nicoll - ml VA via Virtualacorn-list wrote:
>> On 2018-07-04 09:10, Vince M Hudd via Virtualacorn-list wrote:
>>> On 03/07/18 14:19, Jim Nagel via Virtualacorn-list wrote:

> [Various snips]

>>> What a strange option. What good reason is there to - in effect - send
>>> someone two copies of your reply?

>> It's a good question, and personally I agree with you(*).

The only situation where I have ever used MPro's ctrl-Reply option is
where I know the list moderator* sends stuff only once a day or at
even longer intervals but the OP needs a reply quickly.
   (* not this list, of course!)

Maybe it'd be better if the email client sent the copy as BCC rather
than CC, but that's outside Vince's ctrl.  It might in fact be an
advantage in that the individual's address would not be broadcast with
potential for spambots to see it.

--
Jim Nagel                            www.archivemag.co.uk