[Virtualacorn-list] Resolver Question

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 11:22:50 BST 2018

In article <1b05df0e-36c1-4df1-1602-3ce06c14602f at druck.org.uk>,
   David J. Ruck via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> On 21/08/2018 06:58, Dave Symes via Virtualacorn-list wrote:
> > In article <411a42f5-3087-a9a5-1559-f2006443735b at druck.org.uk>,
> >     David J. Ruck via Virtualacorn-list

> [Using an alternative resolver]

> >> That all depends if the if the Replacement resolver uses calls
> >> supported by the VA Internet module. If it does work it is likely to
> >> be significantly slower.
> >
> > Thank for that, I guess on balance... I'll just put up with it.

> It's still worth a try, if you have a suitable alternative.

> I believe Netsurf has its own resolver, so you could see if that works
> when the RISC OS one is having problems. Of course other applications
> can't use the Netsurf one.

> Cheers
> ---David

This David is now a bit ??

1) Didn't know Netsurf had a resolver module... I wonder where it is
hiding?

2) The VRPC resolver only has a problem with the name translation (or
whatever you technical folks would call it) changing to an ip numeric
address immediately gets a connection.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid