[Virtualacorn-list] AdjustSA and RO4.02

Martin styleguide at avisoft.f9.co.uk
Sat Aug 25 18:27:57 BST 2018

I have VRPC AdjustSA and normally run RO4.39 on it, on Win10pro.

I am sure that at some long time ago I ran VRPC with RO4.02.  I
suspect it was a much earlier version of VRPC, and I no longer have
the files after the several upgrades. However, for purposes of
investigating a user problem I would like to do so again.

The user is running a VRPC version which I think has a serial number
of 00xxxxx and I am not sure which exact version this is.

So, I took the ROM402 from the 'Virtually Free' 4.02 download from
riscos.com (ie 3QD Developments) and created a new VRPC model for it,
based on the StrongArm JIT one. The ROM was copied to
RomSets.RISCOS402 as rom/rom  and the Model changed to refer to it.

However, when I try to start it the VRPC window opens, but it remains
white and blank ... and it seems VRPC is looping. The console log
stops after message:
    PowerService: Idle can idle until next interrupt
which is normally followed by:
    PowerService: Read bmu reg 10.

Is it possible to run RO4.02 in AdjustSA?
If so, what might I have done wrong?

Thanks for any clues
Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader