[Virtualacorn-list] Where is VRPC DL?

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 20:14:59 BST 2017

In article <5681bbbc2cj.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk>,
   John McCartney <j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

[Snip]

> Fear not, I'm wearing a hard hat.

> Have I seen somewhere that it will run from a memory stick?

> John

Hi John...
As it's not tied to a particular computers networking...

Indeed it will, I have my Everyday use VRPC-DL 6.20 backed onto a USB-3
memory stick from where it will run directly on any computer if needed.

But ideally, for carrying around to use when I'm visiting friends or
family, I have it installed on a USB-3 SSD which is obviously a lot faster
than a memory stick.

It also means I don't have to carry a laptop with me, I borrow the
friends/family computer for a short while...

You can't do that with RPCEmu.  :-(

Dave

--

Dave Triffid