[Virtualacorn-list] Saving BASIC programs from VA-SARPC for use on Rpi2 ??

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 19:21:41 BST 2017

In article <ec36df7656.rogerarm at rogerarm.freeuk.com>, Roger
Darlington <rogerarm at freeuk.com> wrote:

> How can I copy prestine copies of my RO programs from my
> VA-RPC-SA to a USB stick so that a proper RISC OS
> computer can use them?

Apart from ZIPping them up, you could get the Pi on your
network and use ShareFS to copy them. All the ,###
extensions will be stripped by ShareFS.

Using ShareFS, it is often necessary to set ShareFSWindow
to 1 (most conveniently in an obey file). This prevents
ShareFS from choking. Just use Edit (or other) to create
the obey file and make the file content "ShareFSWindow 1"
(without the quotes).

I used to have a copy on the desktop of all my machines and
just double-clicked on them before making the transfer.
Since buying a cheap network switch which bypasses the
crappy WiFi router supplied by Virgin Media, this procedure
is not needed.

John

--
John McCartney