[Virtualacorn-list] Saving BASIC programs from VA-SARPC for use on Rpi2 ??

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Tue Sep 5 19:11:16 BST 2017

On 5 Sep 2017, Dave Symes  wrote:
> In article <ec36df7656.rogerarm at rogerarm.freeuk.com>,
>    Roger Darlington <rogerarm at freeuk.com> wrote:

>> A friend has bought a Raspberry Pi, so I thought I would copy him some
>> programs from my VA-RPC-SA (running on Windows 7) to a USB stick so
>> that he can run then on his Raspberry Pi2, using proper RISC OS, from
>> RISC OS Ltd.

>> But when he tried to use them on his R Pi2, every single file had a
>> microsoft extension which prevented anything of the programs from
>> running.

>> How can I copy prestine copies of my RO programs from my VA-RPC-SA to
>> a USB stick so that a proper RISC OS computer can use them?

>> What am I doing wrong please?

> Zip Archive them and to make the process a bit quicker turn off
> compression.

> Dave

OK, many thanks all
I think I used to know that several years ago.
Fancy me forgetting...

Just one more question: I can't copy him the un-zipping thingy without
that being tampered with as well, so does anyone know if that comes
with RO 5 from ROOL on their micro-SD card?

PS. - he's 10 - so doesn't know much about RO at the mo and he lives
50 miles away so I can't pop over on the hop (by public transport - I
can't drive)

--

Cheers
Roger