[Virtualacorn-list] RiscOS-MS file conversion

Andy Marks andy.marks at tesco.net
Wed May 24 08:30:12 BST 2017

----- Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> That said, on the PC side, don't forget "Aspex Draw" which will take a
> native RISC OS Drawfile as is, and is still editable, and then can be
> saved out in a number of other formats.

That piqued my interest, so I went off to find Aspex Draw, only to discover it needs an unlock code to run properly (and it appears that you can't buy one any more). I did, however, find Oak Draw which is free to use and just installs without unlock codes! How apt, all this talk of unlock codes, on a Virtual Acorn list!

There used to to be a few free download versions of Xara (ArtWorks younger brother) around that would import Draw files, and export to a huge range of PC formats, including AI, EPS, SVG etc. but I can't seem to locate that on the web now. Occasionally, it pops up on cover disks (or cover downloads, as they now seem to be!) and is well worth the price of the magazine.

Andy