[Virtualacorn-list] RiscOS-MS file conversion

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Mon May 22 19:21:39 BST 2017

In article <50662.91.85.218.30.1495475727.squirrel at email.orpheusnet.co.uk>,
   Bob Ardler <ardler at argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> On this (home) HardDisc4 there are >30k maths sheets I've composed on
> RiscOS for my school, mostly as Drawfiles or on TechWriter. Boss now
> wants them on the school network -- which accommodates only Microsoft
> and Apple machines. The only way I've transferred Drawfiles previously
> is to shrink them by 80%, if landscape rotate through -pi/2, drag into
> TechWriter, save as a Word file and email to school as an attachment.

> Are there better ways? The prospect of the above plod repeated 30k
> times is daunting. Is there an MS (or Apple) app closer to Draw
> (or ProCAD)?

Do you have Draworks from ISV/APDL?
This can take Draw files & export them in a variety of formats. You could,
for instance. change them into JPEGs for mailing. There is an option to
select the quality, & hence size, of the JPEG produced.

Drawworks is free for home use at:-

http://www.apdl.org.uk/isvproducts/dwxl.htm

--
Chris