[Virtualacorn-list] RiscOS-MS file conversion

Andy Marks andy.marks at tesco.net
Tue Jun 6 07:45:22 BST 2017

----- x-x-x x-x <x-x-x.x-x at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Dunno 'bout recent versions but early versions of
> Corel Xara could handle drawfiles. At one time,
> version 2 was freely available.

Just checked it with the latest version (X12) and it still imports Draw files, and has the advantage of exporting to about thirty different "PC" formats, including ai, eps, pdf, svg, wmf, emf, jpg, png, tif... you get the picture - pretty much most things!

Free versions do crop up from time to time, and the downloaded version can be used for 30 days before purchase (cheapest version is £49.99 but I THINK you can "upgrade" from any version of ArtWorks for about £35).

I'll be honest, I LOVE Xara and it pretty much killed off my use of ArtWorks (although I still upgrade) and RISC OS for graphics stuff. I believe a certain Martin Wuerthner is one of the programmers on Xara, hence features crossing over between that and ArtWorks. Occasionally, it appears that some new features seem to crop up in ArtWorks before they appear in Xara!

Andy