[Virtualacorn-list] RiscOS-MS file conversion

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sat Jun 3 12:55:41 BST 2017

In article <56465D0A9C%mik.towse at xemik.com>,
   Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> In article <50662.91.85.218.30.1495475727.squirrel at email.orpheusnet.co.uk>,
>    Bob Ardler <ardler at argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > On this (home) HardDisc4 there are >30k maths sheets I've composed on
> > RiscOS for my school, mostly as Drawfiles or on TechWriter. Boss now
> > wants them on the school network -- which accommodates only Microsoft
> > and Apple machines.
> [snip]
> Tell your boss the best way to achieve this is to install VRPC on a few
> PCs. ;)

> It occurred to me today that you could open them in VRPC & take a
> Windows screen grab. A quick (or not?) & dirty way to make them
> available to Windows m/cs?

> Yes, I am aware that bitmap might not be ideal, but I'm just letting the
> thought loose in to the wild; it might trigger other ideas.

[Snip]

If you have RISC OS 4.39  or 6.20 installed on your VRPC, dropping a
Drawfile on the icon bar icon of Paint will produce a sprite conversion
that can be saved out in one of the more universal bitmap formats.

There's also small RISC OS "!DrawToSpr" app (Mathew Phillips) that does a
very good job... It will also output to BMP.

DrawWorksXL also does a very good Drawfile to Sprite and other conversion.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid