[Virtualacorn-list] W10 Creators update

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Thu Jun 8 13:02:18 BST 2017

Hi,

 The Creators Update downloaded itself yesterday & now VA won't open properly.

Virtual Acorn  Adjust 4.39 on a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop

It takes several clicks on the shortcut then I'm likely to get two or more
copies trying to start.

This happened before & Andrew at RComp said (if I have this correct) that it
was because the driver that operates the CD/DVD player got updated & that
messes with VA. He used TeamViewer to re-instate the driver which is known to
work.  Realtek R281

I notice, according to the update history, that at the same time as the
Creators Update came down, Realtek - LAN - RealtekPCle GBE Family Contoller
was updated to one released in May 2015.
I tried the More info link but that only led me to a Microsoft web page which
said the info was not available.
However, Iobit Driver Booster reports that my RealtekPCle GBE Family
Contoller is version 10.1.505.2015 (15/05/2015) but 10.16.323.2017
(23/03/2017) is available.

I'm am now totally confused.

I would contact Andrew but he hasn't replied to my last email with a query
about UniControl so I think hey are up to their  eyes in things.

Driver Booster does have an option to roll back the said driver but I'm not
even sure I'm on the right lines.
Uninstll updates from the Windows Control Panel doesn't give an option for
drivers.

Can anyone help, please.

--
Chris