[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC-DL and CD

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 12:40:34 BST 2017

In article <8f27f09f-c495-ce80-e471-3dab035b499c at druck.org.uk>,
   David J. Ruck <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
> On 25/04/2017 11:57, Dave Symes wrote:
> > Okay, I've sorted the BadPhys thing, I discovered I had the CDFaker
> > module in PreDesk... Having removed it, that message has now gone, to
> > be replaced with the old message that originally caused me to give up
> > trying Acorn CD in VRPC.
> >
> > "Soft-Load Driver not present"  Whatever that means.
> >
> > I've googled a bit for "RISC OS Soft-Load Driver not present" but
> > anything flagged up doesn't seem to change anything.

> Try search for "VirtualAcorn Soft-Load Driver not present"

[Snip]

Thanks for the thought...

Tried a new search, but it just threw up all the same answers as the
previous searches.

Using Verma I've checked and all the modules that relate to CDFS are
active.

CDFS
CDFSFiler
CDFSResources
CDFSDriver
CDFSSoftATAPI

So I don't understand what the Soft-Load driver is, or where its supposed
to be installed?

Thanks
Dave

--