[Virtualacorn-list] Internet problems

Geoff Potter geoffrey.potter at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 8 12:10:28 BST 2016

Dear all,
I'm running VA RPC SA (latest update) with Riscos 6 on a Windows 10 machine and suddenly I cannot access internet, use Uniprint, etc. When pinging the host windows machine I get "Ping: Socket: permission denied", and the same result when pinging the broadband router. Also, when firing up VA I get an error message saying ResolverConfig not found, despite the VA Resolver module sitting in !System.
!Freeping says "Could not create socket (no protocol stack present?)
When printing with Uniprint from Impression I get the error "Network error: print cancelled".
Any suggestions on how to get things back to normal? (Other than a complete re-installation.)
Geoff Potter