[Virtualacorn-list] Network time

David J. Ruck druck at druck.org.uk
Sun Oct 16 14:27:11 BST 2016

On 16/10/2016 07:46, Dave Symes wrote:
> I've just looked at the original VRPC-DL download and SyncClock is in that
> version, but I've since Updated to Select versions ending up at 6.20 where
> it has not been brought along.

Right, while looking to see where my SyncClock module might be hosted,
I've found a few topics on ROOL and VRPC forums. Firstly; it looks like
its been dropped from later VRPC versions and there is now a HostClock
plug in instead. I've no idea how that works though.

Secondly due to a change in RISC OS 5.2x SyncClock gives the wrong
result if the timezone is not GMT or DST is set. No one let me know
about that, so it hasn't been fixed.

But I suggest that if you have a NTP module in the OS (such as
RTCadjust), you use that. If on a laptop, set it 1 to 5 minutes update
interval, so it syncs the clock shortly after coming out of sleep.

Cheers
---David
Email: druck at druck.org.uk
Phone: +44-(0)7974 108301