[Virtualacorn-list] White Screen of death or constant hour glass

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Wed Jul 6 17:22:43 BST 2016

Hi folks,

I have a Lenovo E50-70 RISCBook Windows 7 -64 bit from RComp.
It runs  Virtual Acorn Adjust 4.39  Strong Arm.
Often, when I shut down VA & return to Windows, I get a constant hour glass &
the pointer is completely unresponsive ie no folders, files or programs will
open. I have to shut VA with the task manager &usually don't get control of
the Windows side back.

Also, sometimes, while using VA it suddenly goes into a window which is
completely white & I have to close with the Task manager.

Andrew suggested stopping the CD player from the VA side as they are
sometimes troublesome. Done that. No joy I'm afraid.

All the programmes I have on this machine I've used on other instances of VA
without any problems so I don't think there is a clash there.

Has anyone ever experienced this or know the cause?

--
Chris