[Virtualacorn-list] thumbs.db RISCOS filetype equivalent?

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Wed Jan 27 16:59:52 GMT 2016

On 27 Jan 2016, David J. Ruck wrote:
> On 26/01/2016 12:36, Roger Darlington wrote:
>>
>> A similar queation to my last:
>> What should I enter in HOST FS EXTENSIONS as the RO filetype
>> equivalent so that Windows/RO combi doesn't add .tct to the end of
>> thumbs.db  please ?

> Firstly you must be applying a file type to thumbs.db which you should
> be leaving as the default for whatever isn't recognised (text or data).
> Secondly you must have a mapping between this type and .tct.

> Cheers

Sorry Dave, I think made a typo which thus posed the wrong question.

I didn't mean to say '.tct' but 'txt' (it's my poor eyesight now, I
keep hitting the wrong keys and I cant see my mistake on the screen).

The Windows files are 'thumbs.db'.
When RO sees them, that adds .txt to the end (not .tct)

But I don't know what the RO filetype should be?
[thumbs.db are small picture files (in some format or other I know not
what)].

Also, I have checked my mimemap, and neither .db is listed, nor my
former question here that asked about the same thing for .docx files.
Does anyone have the correct mimemap entries to insert in mimemap for
these two please?

--

Cheers
Roger