[Virtualacorn-list] Rhapsody4 to Yamaha KB under VRPC

Barry Punchard barry.punchard at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 21 20:33:59 GMT 2016

On 21 Feb          jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk wrote:

> On 2016-02-20 19:34, Barry Punchard wrote:

> >> No. Someone would have to write a module which implemented the RISC OS
> >> MIDI interface and communicated MIDI API on the Windows side. It can
> >> be
> >> done, but as far as I know, now one has.
>
> > Thanks, that helps me picture the problem. So, if I'm understanding it
> > anywhere near right, Rhapsody sends OS calls with chunks of MIDI data
> > to be sent
<snip>
> Unless the midi podule also implements (a module?) in which case the
> SWIs being called
> by Rhapsody (or whatever) won't even be available unless the module is
> present.

I see, thanks. So the chance of resurrecting Rhapsody fades away. I used it so
much on the RISCPC and have many scores remaining.

I had hoped to introduce my 7 year old daughter to printing out her captured
keyboard 'compositions'. She could have learned music, experienced a
user friendly computing tool and had fun all at the same time.

--
   //__))arry //unchard        mailto:barry.punchard at btinternet.com

---