[Virtualacorn-list] Reading floppies

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Sat Feb 6 19:46:07 GMT 2016

Chris Newman <cvjazz at waitrose.com> wrote:

> I'm re-visiting my old laptop which has an internal floppy drive which can
> read Acorn discs in VA.

> If I install VA in a separate partition rather than the C drive (an
> arrangement which works well on my other machine) will the Direct Floppy
> Driver still be able to 'see' the floppy drive?

It should be able to - all you are doing by putting VA in a separate
partition is changing where it's run from. The important point is that it's
still running on the same computer, in the same environment, and should
therefore still be able to access the same hardware attached to the
computer.

--
Vince M Hudd
Soft Rock Software

Don't forget to vote in the 2015 RISC OS Awards:
www.riscosawards.co.uk/vote2015.html