[Virtualacorn-list] Keyboard and mouse input slows down.

Brian Jordan brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 24 23:00:04 BST 2016

In article <29d4010e-01ee-8aaf-7d6a-bbed9e1fb34d at druck.org.uk>,
   David J. Ruck <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
> On 24/08/2016 10:09, Brian Jordan wrote:

[Snip slow VA problem]

> Look at Task Manager, are all cores being used at 100%? Is Explorer the
> top of the CPU usage table? If so close all filer windows, and it will
> return to normal CPU usage after a few seconds, and applications will
> be more responsive.

> This happens on Windows 8.1 a lot, and happened on Windows 10 for the
> short time I tried it, before it destroyed itself in a botched
> automatic update and got replaced with Linux Mint.

Thanks for the prompt druck. Although this hasn't turned out to be a
computer speed issue, watching the activity on the Task Manager pointed
me in the right direction when I realised how much time was being hogged
by one particular cloud storage application. This and exceedingly slow
rural broadband seem to have been causing the problem and, though I can't
sort the broadband issue, stopping the cloud thing has restored VA to
full usefulness.

Brian Jordan
Virtual RPC-AdjustSA on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
RISC OS 6.20

---