[Virtualacorn-list] Keyboard and mouse input slows down.

David J. Ruck druck at druck.org.uk
Wed Aug 24 21:35:56 BST 2016

On 24/08/2016 10:09, Brian Jordan wrote:
> During VA sessions response to the keyboard and mouse clicks
> progressively becomes slower and can only be fixed by stopping and
> restarting VA. This happens irrespective of other Windows software
> running on the machine in the foreground so I suspect something Windows
> 10 is doing in the background might be the cause? Has anyone else sen ti
> (hat is exactly what I am describing, I typed "seen this" and in order to
> write this have now had to slow my typing right down). Mouse clicks are
> similarly affected.
> The, correctly connected, USB keyboard and mouse continue to work ormally
> on the Windows side.

Look at Task Manager, are all cores being used at 100%? Is Explorer the
top of the CPU usage table? If so close all filer windows, and it will
return to normal CPU usage after a few seconds, and applications will be
more responsive.

This happens on Windows 8.1 a lot, and happened on Windows 10 for the
short time I tried it, before it destroyed itself in a botched automatic
update and got replaced with Linux Mint.

---druck
Email: druck at druck.org.uk
Phone: +44-(0)7974 108301