[Virtualacorn-list] Missing configure icons

Chris Shepheard chris.shepheard at chrispics.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 21:04:04 BST 2016

I've just upgraded VARPC-SA to run on a Windows 8.1 laptop. After the
fixes to get the registration box to work and disabling ATAPI, it runs
fine.

However when I double click on !Boot all the configure icons are
missing including those inside the directories within.

Searching and finding the relevant configuration programs within the
boot sequence, again the application/directory sprites are nearly all
the default grey "App" icon.

Looking inside the !Sprites22 files are all there but there is no
plain !Sprites file which it would appear is what the application
!Boot file is looking for.

Also the Winsetup application would not run because of "Missing
Sprites file". Copying "Sprites" as "Sprites22" within the app.
directory cured this.

Anybody got any idea why this peculiar behaviour might have happened?
Could it be a corrupt installation? How can I cure, preferably without
the convoluted performance of using Compatibility Mode to get the
registration box again?

All the other sprites within the various directories seem to be fine.

Chris

--

Chris Shepheard writing as himself
chris.shepheard at chrispics.co.uk