[Virtualacorn-list] Hair-tearing time

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 17:45:58 BST 2016

John McCartney <j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

[...]

> After updating Kaspersky, GWX Control Panel and Windows (in that order), I
> uninstalled everything to do with the graphics card, ran CCleaner,
> rebooted and moved the AMD folder from the C: drive to another drive.
> Reboot again.

> Time to run VRPC. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

> "Acorn RiscPC Emulator with RISC OS Adjust has stopped working"

As Druck says, I'm inclined to think CCleaner is the likely cause of this.

> The offer to check on line for a solution proved fruitless so I copied the
> problem details which I include below. I got the same result with my
> backup copy of the whole installation which was on an external USB HDD.

Rather than a backup of the whole installation - which I take to mean your
VRPC installation, so may not include external elements that CCleaner may
have cleaned for you - I'd suggest a reinstallation of VRPC.

If that backup is bang up to date then you should probably then be able to
restore it over the reinstalled copy to get everything within VRPC back as
it was.

--
Vince M Hudd
Soft Rock Software