[Virtualacorn-list] VA & CDs on 64 bit machine

Steffen Huber steffen at huber-net.de
Mon Nov 9 13:49:05 GMT 2015

> Chris Newman <cvjazz at waitrose.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> I am looking to purchase VirtualRPC Adjust SA (4.39) but I see from Aaron's
> products page at   http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/product.htm  that there
> seems to be a caveat that CDs can only be read on 32 bit Widows machine's but
> that caveat doesn't apply to data DVDs.
>
> I have a 64 bit m/c so I can I load software from the original CDs?

If those CDs are "normal" CDs just mount the Windows CD drive as a HostFS drive
in VirtualAcorn.

If those CDs are Acorn CDFS specific CDs (i.e. needs the CDFS filetype
extensions), you could extract the CD image via Windows and then use
CDFaker to mount it as a CDFS drive inside VirtualAcorn.

http://legacy.huber-net.de/cdfaker.html

Regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Huber           LambdaComm System - Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen at huber-net.de
Private homepage http://www.huber-net.de/