[Virtualacorn-list] 4.39 to 6.20 on ARM7500

David J. Ruck druck at druck.org.uk
Tue May 19 09:58:30 BST 2015

On 18/05/2015 12:04, John McCartney wrote:
> But it did recognise <ctrl> and <shift> as modifiers for
> F12. By selecting "Off" and then running VRPC again, I have
> effectively done a hard break.

Delete needs to be held down while RISC OS is restarting to reset the CMOS.

> In article <5555D331.20308 at druck.org.uk>, David J. Ruck
> <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:

>> If you've used the model before, the CMOS file will have
>> been updated. Try replacing the file with the unmodified
>> copy from your install media.
>
> Do you mean that it will have been updated when I applied
> the 6.20 upgrade? If I replace it with the CMOS file from
> 4.39 it will have inappropriate CMOS settings for 6.20. Or
> have I misunderstood what you are suggesting?

The CMOS file in whichever module you are using is modified whenever a
change is made to the emulated CMOS with the emulator. Get a fresh copy
of the file from the CD, not one from a different model which has been
used before.

Cheers
--
David J. Ruck