[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC won't run

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Wed Jul 29 10:52:27 BST 2015

In article <55B8793A.8020805 at druck.org.uk> David J. Ruck wrote:
> RSTools is a 3rd party utility designed to overcome shortfalls in VRPC
> functionality such as the appalling lack of proper mouse integration,
> and absence of power saving when idle. It is also provides new
> facilities such as being able to call Win32 APIs from within the
> emulator. Unfortunately it hasn't been maintained and is now unreliable.
>
> Its features should have been integrated in to VRPC long ago, but Aaron
> has prefers to sit back and watch the money come in, rather
[snip]
Indeed, the mouse pointers should be combined on entry into the VRPC window.
Other emulators can do it, so why doesn't VRPC? It's the one thing above all
else that really irritates me in VRPC!

I have the Windows taskbar on the left of the screen. I find it more useful
there on Windows AND it helps my mind switch from ROS mode (bottom-bar) to
Windows mode (left-bar). But the dumb twin pointers often ends up closing a
ROS window or starting a new email or something.

I had expected the latest paid-for update would have fixed that, but sadly
not.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Build a system that even a fool can use,
and only a fool will want to use it.