[Virtualacorn-list] Unable to delete sub directories in HostFS mount

Jim Nagel vatory at abbeypress.co.uk
Sat Jul 25 19:40:29 BST 2015

Brian Jordan  wrote on 23 Jul:
> ... I can't delete sub drectories in HostFS mounts from RISC OS.

Same thing frustrates me sometimes too, when connecting to a Windows
drive via LAN from a separate Acorn machine (which I guess is similar
enough to connecting to the Windows side from Virtual Acorn running
within Windows).  I thought I *had* specified full read-write
privileges when I told Windows to share a particular directory, but
now it won't let me delete a subdirectory from the Acorn side.  Or at
least *today* it won't; I could have sworn it let me do it last week.

My workaround:  Rename the directory.  Which you *can* do from the
Acorn side.  I usually prefix the name with a couple of tildes:
~~Holidaypix   or change it to DELETETHISDIR.
   Then, later at leisure, go to Windows and delete properly.

--
Jim Nagel           [ www.archivemag.co.uk > Offer ]